UA-33443280-1 First step into the bloggers world...I think I just peed a little.: To the Moon and back

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

To the Moon and back


Have you ever had a moment in life when everything just sort of fell into place?  I’m not talking money appearing out of no where or a new car in the driveway. I’m talking mentally; you just knew what you needed to do and where you wanted to be.  That happened to me very recently, and I have a 6 year old little boy to thank.

Caleb (my nephew) always begs me to lay down with him while he goes to sleep. I feel bad; lately I haven’t been in the mood to do anything with anyone.  But the other night, I couldn’t resist that little face.  I laid down next to him while his mom tucked him in and shut off the lights.  Of course as soon as mom is out of the room he comes crawling over to my side of the bed wanting to chat.  But, instead of talking about toys and school like he normally does, he just put his head on my shoulder and says “I’m glad you’re here, even if you are sad”.  He then yawned and instantly fell asleep.  My heart shattered into a million pieces. 

I’ve been so stuck on the bad parts that I forget to hold on to the good.  In my mind family isn’t what it used to be, but to him; it’s just beginning.  I’m his family.  He’s always been here, growing each day and I’m missing that.  I’ve been so stuck in the past and it’s destroying me.   I’ve mentally checked out of life and it’s about damn time that I check back in. I still have a lot to work on that’s for sure, but knowing that there is still that innocence out there, that tiny bit of hope; that’s what makes it all worth it.

(Side note: Before he goes to sleep every night I ask him “How much do I love you?” & he always answers “To the moon and back”) 

Make sure they know exactly how much you love them.

I made this for Caleb :) Love you honey!



No comments:

Post a Comment